Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, February 28, 2011

BIG BIG changes!

Soooo....

I started this blog when I first started my photography journey. When I go back and look at the blogs that I posted at the beginning I am blown away by how far I have come.

I spent a week up in Big Bear with some amazing photographer girls last month (pictures coming in a future post). These girls are, in my opinion, some of the very best in the business. I was totally honored to be a part of such an amazing time. I was also completely impressed with their skills, not only behind a camera, but also in business. And I was challenged. Challenged to be a better photographer, challenged to be a better business woman, challenged to challenge myself. I made a decision that week to take it to the next level. To find my voice.

There are days that I go on facebook or even google... and I am overwhelmed by the amount of photographers out there. The ones who have been in business for years and the ones who are just starting out. There were times (not long ago) when I would spend my days with my face glued to the computer, scrolling through pages and pages of everyone else's work. I would finally peel my face away only to feel discouraged and incompetent. That's what comparisons will do to you.

I have decided it is time to find my voice.

I never went about photography the easy way. I pushed myself to learn and read everything I could. I asked questions, read books and chatted on forums. I know that I will continue to learn and grow, but I am at a place in my photography where I feel like I am finally beginning to grasp my own style... my voice.

For those of you who have followed my blog since the beginning, or even in the last year, you have seen me go through branding changes, logo changes, blog changes, and website changes. For those of you reading now, you are about to see me go through my biggest one yet!

In a little less than 3 weeks, I will be getting married. My name will be changing... I will now check a different box on forms... and I will have a little extra sparkle on my left ring finger. So why not throw a few more big changes in the mix?!? I have been working hard on a brand new website and blog that I am so so proud of. I want so badly to launch it RIGHT NOW. But there are a few more touches I am waiting on. And I want it to be perfect. I want it to show my hopes and dreams and passions.

So with all of this comes a brand new blog... at a brand new location! This blog has served me so well... it has been my lifeline... my place to vent... my place to learn... my place to grow and to track my growth. And it will stay here. There is NO WAY I am getting rid of this amazing record of how far I have come, but soon I will be posting somewhere new!

In the mean time, I wont be posting as often. Between all of the branding changes and working on the new blog, and planning my own wedding (and actually getting married)... my goal is to blog once a week for the next month or so until the new blog is launched. So keep checking back until the new blog link is posted! But don't be surprised to see fewer posts!

I am so excited about all of the changes.
Thank you to all of you who have supported me.
Thank you to all of you who have read my ramblings.
Thank you to all of you who have asked questions, and left comments.
Thank you to all of you who have made my dreams into a reality... a little at a time!
I hope you will continue on this crazy journey with me!!!

xoxo

6 comments:

Abbey said...

Congratulations on all the positive changes coming your way Diandra Ann. I've been a follower of your blog for over a year now and I love your work. Can't wait to see the changes!

Yeni said...

Congratulations, Diandra!, on your Wedding and Congratulations for your new stuff! I wish you the best of the best in your new life and in your new bussiness journey. Hugs! Your biggest fan from Mexico!

James said...

Excited for you and ALL the exciting things going on!

Unknown said...

Diandra,

I'm so excited to see you move forward in directions you love so much. You have inspired me in the past and inspire me now. I am excited to see all that you have coming up. I have been reading your blog since before my wedding and I will continue to follow you. You help bring a lightness to this world and for that I am thankful for you.

~Lacey

Ruby Acosta said...

So very happy for your marriage and career! I have followed you for quite some time and enjoy how candid and honest you are about everything including your faith in Jesus Christ :) And your long list of goals (almost as long as my list ;) It's easy to make comparisons to others, but your style is unique to you and that is what makes your photos special. I wish you the best!!! Enjoy this time in your life!

Escrevendo com o coração said...

adorei suas fotos cada postagem exibidas tem,angulos diferente.
elas mostram uma performance .
fora do comum suas fotos saõ.
maravilhosas ..Lourdes.